Coulter & Payne Farm Distillery’s 101 Uses for Moonshine
Treat yourself to a tongue-in-cheek—but very practical—glimpse into the world of moonshine, from its history and American heritage to its uses and creation today. These 101 ways to interact with moonshine are wide-ranging and include practical housekeeping hints (glass cleaner, anyone?), medicinal uses, recipes, and more.
Coulter & Payne is a farm-to-bottle distillery—that is, it not only makes spirits, but also grows its own ingredients. Dozens of photos offer a glimpse into the daily world of this small craft producer’s operations on the farm as they bring moonshine, vodka, and bourbon to America.
In these pages you’ll enjoy learning about moonshine’s benefits and potential applications, and understanding what it means to produce a farm-to-bottle, artisanal distilled spirit.
This great resource for adventurous foodies, homesteaders, and home distillers will bring whiskey out of the backwoods for the rest of us to enjoy.
About the authors
Distillers, farmers, and small business owners, Chris Burnette and Elise Coulter Burnette are advocates of family farming, the farm distillery, environmental conservation, and sustainability. They also own and operate Shawnee Bend Farms and the Coulter & Payne Farm Distillery in Union, Missouri. Together with their family, they produce high quality moonshine, vodka, and bourbon in small batches made using traditional Appalachian methods and grains they grow themselves. Donald Snyder, founder and president of Whiskey Resources, LLC and Whiskey Systems Online, has more than twelve years of experience in the alcohol and beverage industry including holding senior management roles at the Buffalo Trace Distillery in Frankfort, Kentucky, and MGPI in Lawrenceburg, Indiana. Donald created Whiskey Systems Online to help craft distilleries of all sizes increase efficiency, manage production, and meet regulatory compliance.
Get Social + Connect!
Lynchburg Apple Pie Moonshine Chicken
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 3 TBSP apple pie moonshine
- 3 TBSP light brown sugar
- 2 TBSP soy sauce
- ½ lime, juiced
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- Place chicken breasts in a large plastic bag
- Add moonshine, brown sugar, soy sauce, lime juice, ginger, black pepper, and garlic and close.
- Shake to cover chicken well and place in refrigerator to marinate for at least 2 hours. I like to let mine marinate overnight.
- Spray grill grate with non-stick spray and heat the grill.
- Cook for approximately 7 minutes per side. Internal temperature should at least 165°F.
- Pour remaining glaze into a pre-heated pan and whisk for 3-4 minutes.
- Add cornstarch and whisk into glaze for another 2 minutes.
- Spoon the glaze on top of your chicken and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 297Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 553mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 10gProtein: 38g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 7/5/2019