Add 30-Minute Turkey Sloppy Joes to your meal plan this week. You’ll never eat them from a can again!
Easy 30-Minute Turkey Sloppy Joes are perfect for every family!
30-minute turkey sloppy joes are one of my go-to meals when we need something quick. Sure, you could buy a can of sloppy joes sauce; but this easy, homemade recipe is a game changer. It’s delicious and even the pickiest of kids will ask for it again and again.
Why turkey? My husband has gout (pain and inflammation that occurs in the joints) and one of the triggers is red meat. I love how lean turkey is and the need to drain the meat is eliminated.
Ingredients you’ll need for sloppy joes:
- Minced Garlic
- Ground Turkey (beef or pork work, too)
- Brown Sugar
- Worsestershire Sauce
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Ground Pepper
- Hamburger Buns
- Sliced Pickles
These are all standard ingredients that most of us keep in our kitchen on a regular basis. Don’t let the basic ingredients fool you — this mix is far superior to the canned sauce. My boys always devour a couple of sandwiches and it’s rare that we have any for leftovers!
Tips + Tricks for 30-Minute Turkey Sloppy Joes
If you’re really short on time, prepare your meat ahead of time and store in the fridge until ready to use. Add a little water to the meat in your pan and heat on medium. Once it’s warmed for a few minutes, add the rest of your ingredients and stir well. Warm until it’s slightly bubbling over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
Sloppy Joes can be served with a variety of sides. Add a handful of potato chips, corn on the cob, or my cold, crunchy Broccoli Slaw!
Ditch the canned stuff and enjoy flavorful, easy-to-make 30-Minute Turkey Sloppy Joes!
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worsestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- Ground pepper, to taste
- 4 hamburger buns
- Sliced pickles
1. Gather your ingredients.
2. Set your stove to medium heat using a skillet. Once your skillet is hot, pour in a small amount of olive oil. Add in your ground turkey. Brown the meat and break into pieces.
2. While the meat is cooking, prepare your sauce.
3. Add and mix together the ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper.
4. Once your meat is browned, add in your sauce. Mix together until the sauce and meat is well incorporated.
5. Cover the skillet and allow the sloppy joe mixture to simmer for about 15 minutes.
6. Serve warm with a bun, and top with pickles! Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 510Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 120mgSodium: 844mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 2gSugar: 22gProtein: 34g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 7/19/2020