Back to school casseroles take dinner to level easy! The last thing I want to do after a long day at the office is to cook a big dinner and then have a ton of dishes to wash up. The Crock-Pot® 3.5-Quart Casserole Crock™ Slow Cooker is my new favorite way to have an all-in-one dish that tastes delicious and makes clean up a breeze. Check it out!
Program and Go
Our school day begins around 5:00 a.m. We have breakfast to eat, animals to take care of, and supper to plan for after our school and work days end. The Crock-Pot® 3.5-Quart Casserole Crock™ Slow Cooker is the perfect size to create your favorite casserole, lasagna, dessert, and more. It’s ideal for make-ahead meals that taste delicious and satisfy your family.
This model features a fully-programmable control panel to cook on high or low for 30 minutes to up 20 hours. With a countdown timer, you’ll be able to give the kiddos an exact time for supper! The stoneware can be used in the crock as well as the conventional oven. I like to top some of my recipes with crackers or bread crumbs so it’s nice to be able to transfer the stoneware to brown the top. Desserts can be baked in the oven the transferred into the casserole crock to keep it warm.
The Crock-Pot® Programmable Casserole Crock is a true, back to school time saver! During the warmer months, I don’t have to heat my kitchen up by using the oven and still have a savory supper. My family loves that they still get home-cooked meals and the added bonus of extra family time because clean up is quick and easy. The Cook & Carry system adds the ability to transport without spills.
- Make-Ahead Meals – Save time and dirty dishes!
- Convenient Carry – A secure locking lid and a space-saving cord wrap.
- Digital Timer – Easily programmable with high/low settings and 30 minute to 20 hour time setting.
- Oven-Safe Stoneware – Transfer from your crock to your oven and vice versa!
- Dishwasher Safe – Both the stoneware dish and lid can be washed in the dishwasher.
Get Social + Connect with Crock-Pot®
Back To School Slow Cooker Applesauce
In addition to making meals ahead of time, the Crock-Pot® 3.5-Quart Casserole Crock™ Slow Cooker is perfect for creating small batches of homemade lunch dishes. Pre-packed snacks, like applesauce, are convenient; however, now you can make your own. Buy a set of reusable lunch box plastic containers and fill them up with your batch-made foods. Store in the refrigerator for grab-and-go homemade snacks. Your kids will thank you for food that has amazing flavor!
Slow Cooker Applesauce
Make your kids say “MMmmm!” when they taste this delicious homemade applesauce recipe.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/lynchbur/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-recipe-maker/templates/public/fallback-recipe.php on line 42
- 9 medium apples (peeled (optional) + chopped)
- ½ TBSP lemon juice (fresh)
- ½ cup water
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg (optional)
- Peel (optional), core, and chop your apples into chunks.
- Place all ingredients into your slow cooker and mix well.
- Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours/low for 5 to 6 hours – or until apples have completely broken down.
- If you prefer a smooth consistency, smash with a potato masher. If you prefer chunky applesauce, simply stir.
- Portion into containers for lunches and store for up to 5 days.
This recipe makes ten to twelve ½-cup servings. You can adjust the cinnamon as needed for your taste.
150+ Back To School Casserole Recipes!
Discover over 150 back to school casseroles from some of my favorite bloggers to fill up your meal plan.