A Bacon Cheddar Breakfast Casserole is just what every family needs to get the morning started on the right foot!
We’ve been hearing for years that breakfast is the most important meal of the day — and guess what, it’s true! As a busy mom, I got into the bad habit of skipping breakfast. My boys always go to school with full bellies, but I would make the excuse of not having “time” to fix my own.
If you’re an early riser like I am, this casserole can be made in the morning to eat hot and fresh; but if you’re not, it’s easy to make the night before and warm for breakfast. Either way, this is a perfect way for everyone to get a healthy, tasty breakfast.
Tools You’ll Need:
- 8″ x 8″ Casserole Dish – This doesn’t have to be fancy! I like a dish with a lid for the times I make it the night before.
- Nonstick Saute Pan – A large, nonstick saute pan is needed to pre-cook the broccoli.
Ingredients for the Bacon Cheddar Breakfast Casserole:
Non-stick cooking spray
Extra virgin olive oil
Broccoli florets (fresh or frozen)
Sharp cheddar or Colby Jack cheese, shredded
Sea salt and black pepper
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 c. broccoli florets
- 3 T. water
- 1 c. sharp cheddar or Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 large eggs
- ½ c. heavy cream
- ½ t. onion powder
- ½ t. garlic powder
- ¼ t. dried thyme
- ½ t. dried oregano
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F and spray an 8” x 8” casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick sauté pan over medium heat. Add the broccoli and water and cook for 2-3 minutes, or just until the broccoli softens slightly and turns bright green.
3. Remove from heat and transfer broccoli to prepared casserole dish and spread into a uniform layer. Top with shredded cheese and crumbled bacon and side aside.
4. Whisk the eggs with the heavy cream, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, and oregano. Season with salt and black pepper, as desired. Pour the egg mixture over the broccoli, cheddar, and bacon and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the casserole is set and lightly golden brown on top.
5. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before slicing. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 414Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 200mgSodium: 609mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 21g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 12/28/2019