Don’t Throw Out Overripe Bananas!
Both of my boys love bananas but the moment they start sportin’ some brown spots, they won’t touch them. I, on the other hand, actually prefer my banana to be a little more on the ripe side. So this morning when I noticed the brown-dotted bunch sitting on our kitchen counter, I decided to whip up a batch of Banana Crumble Muffins! It’s a recipe that our family can’t get enough of!
The sweet combination of a soft muffin (which has a cupcake-like texture!) with a crunchy top is an irresistible treat! It didn’t take long for muffins to start disappearing when Isaiah arrived home from football practice. And he has no idea that the delicious banana-flavor inside comes from those brown-spotted bananas!
Onto the Recipe!
These ultra-moist muffins with a crisp, crumble top are irresistible! They’re perfect for back to school, a grab-and-go breakfast, a snack or dessert!
Banana Crumble Muffins
A warm, fill-your-senses muffin that is perfect for breakfast, snack, or dessert!
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/lynchbur/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-recipe-maker/templates/public/fallback-recipe.php on line 42
- 1/2 cup Flour (all-purpose)
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Butter (cold, cubed)
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 5 whole Bananas (overripe)
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Butter (room-temp)
- 2 Eggs (beaten, frothy)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Rum (flavoring or real)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 cup Flour (all-purpose)
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Grease or line your muffin tin with foil/paper cups
- Mix 1/2 cup of flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 tsp salt , and 1/4 cup of cold butter until a crumbly texture forms. Set aside.
- Mash the bananas in a small bowl until smooth.
- Mix 1/2 tsp of cinnamon, 1/2 tsp vanilla, and 1/2 tsp rum into the bananas. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, beat 3/4 cup butter and 1 cup brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add in eggs until well-blended.
- Add baking soda and powder. Mix well.
- Stir in mashed bananas.
- Slowly add 2 cups of flour, mixing well after each addition. Scrape the edges of the bowl.
- Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Cover with crumble topping.
- Bake for 20-25 mins until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffins comes out clean.