Chunky or Creamy? Get the best of both worlds with Chunky Peanut Butter Cookies! Grab a tall glass of milk and enjoy!
Peanut Butter is the magic word that gets my husband’s attention anytime you need it. I’m not sure there is a food out there that he wouldn’t eat it on or in. You name it – I’ve seen him eat it.
Soon after we started dating, he whipped up a bowl of chicken salad and guess what was in it. Yep. Peanut Butter. I’m not even kidding.
From hamburgers to bologna sandwiches to chicken or tuna salad, he loves creamy peanut butter. I’m more of a crunchy gal and I don’t go crazy with it. I prefer the standard PB&J sandwiches, with a banana or celery, and my favorite, Chunky Peanut Butter Cookies!
Even though Patrick isn’t a big fan of the chunky PB texture, he loves these cookies. I mean, who wouldn’t?! Unless you’re allergic to peanuts. Then I understand! Isaiah, my oldest son, is allergic to tree nuts, making these completely safe in our house!
Tools, Tips, & Tricks for Perfect Chunky Peanut Butter Cookies
- Having light-colored, non-stick cookie pans make baking so much easier! I highly suggest USA Pan’s Cookie Sheet. They come in three different sizes and are easy to clean up.
- If you have standard baking sheets, try these reusable silicone baking mats. You don’t have to worry about your cookies sticking and you won’t end up with overly brown bottoms using cooking spray.
- Allow your milk, eggs, and butter to sit out for about 30-60 minutes before starting your recipe. They are much easier to work with!
- Don’t over-mix! Only stir until everything is just combined. Hand-mixing works best.
- Prepare dough up to 5 days early and store in the refrigerator. Set out for 30 minutes prior to use.
- Roll your cookie dough into balls and freeze up to 3 months in advance. Just thaw and bring to room temp before baking. This is a great idea to prep for Christmas baking!
- If you like your cookies a little crunchy, add a minute or two to your cooking time. Prefer soft and chewy? Bake for the recommended time – or a minute less.
- Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
- 1 c, unsalted butter
- 1½ c. chunky peanut butter
- 1½ c. light brown sugar
- ½ c. granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 t. real vanilla extract
- 2½ c. all-purpose flour
- 1½ t. baking soda
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 c. unsalted peanuts, divided
1. Place the top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat oven to 375°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and set aside.
2. Cream the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a large mixing bowls. Add the eggs and vanilla extract, and mix to combine.
3. In a separate large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and 2/3 cup unsalted peanuts. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
4. Transfer dough to the refrigerator and chill for one hour.
5. Once chilled, divide the dough into equal-sized balls and arrange on the prepared baking sheets, leaving 2 inches between each ball. Press the dough down with a fork in a crisscross fashion to flatten. Add remaining chopped peanuts to the top of the cookies and press the peanuts down into them.
6. Place the baking sheets into the pre-heated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown on top and cooked through.
7. Remove from the oven and let the cookies sit for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool before serving. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 207Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 125mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 5g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 12/12/2019