Cool cucumber cups with creamy feta and zesty dill are a delicious summer treat!
Cucumber cups are quick, easy, and cool for every summer event! When you add whipped feta and zesty fresh dill to a cool, fresh cucumber, you get one of the best treats summer has to offer.
Not only do these taste cool and delicious; but they also look great for displaying purposes. When food looks good, it draws your guests in for taste tests. I like to take these for a snack or quick lunch at work on busy days.
How to choose the best cucumbers
- Look for even, brightly-colored skin
- Feel for consistent, firmness from end to end
- Size matters! You want fleshy but not too large
- Avoid yellow and soft spots as well as blemishes
- Don’t store in the refrigerator. They do better on the counter!
- Avoid storing near fruit to prevent early deterioration
I love to buy our produce locally at the Farmer’s Market during the summer. Our grocery stores do source some of the veggies and fruits from local farmers; however, they aren’t properly storing a lot of the produce. Many that last longer kept in non-refrigerated areas, are being kept cold. When I bring them home, it’s only a day or two before they’re no longer fit for use.
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz. Feta, crumbled
- 3 T. half & half
- 2 T. fresh dill (or 2 t. dried)
- 1 t. garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 medium cucumbers, cut into 4-5 equal sized sections*
1. Place cream cheese, Feta, half & half, dill, and garlic powder in a large mixing bowl and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Beat with a hand mixer or immersion blender until mixture is light and fluffy. Set aside.
2. Trim each cucumber section so that the bottom is flat and top is slightly angled. Carefully scoop out the interior of each section with a small measuring spoon, leaving enough space on the bottom and sides to form a small “cup.”
3. Transfer some of the whipped Feta mixture to a pastry bag fitted with a large tip (or use a plastic sandwich bag with one of the bottom corners removed). Carefully pipe the whipped Feta into each cucumber cup and set on a serving platter.
4. Serve immediately garnished with sprigs of fresh dill and/or mint, if desired. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 274Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 522mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 9g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 5/19/2019