This frozen watermelon slush is going to make your summer a lot cooler!
Temperatures are hitting the mid-80’s here in Lynchburg and we’re getting ready for summer with a delicious Frozen Watermelon Slush recipe! Watermelon is one of our favorite fruits to indulge in when the temperatures start making it sticky and hot outdoors.
How to Choose the Perfect Watermelon
It can be a little intimidating to pick out the perfect watermelon; but fear no more! I’m going to help you find the sweetest one in the bunch.
- Regardless of the size, the watermelon should feel heavy.
- Look for the yellowish spot. This is where it laid on the ground. When it’s a creamy yellow color, it’s ready to eat!
- Thump the melon. If it’s a deep, hollow sound, you’re good to go.
I love to check out where I can buy local produce at Pick Tennessee Products. Do you shop your local fruit and veggie markets?
No Alcohol Needed!
The vodka is completely optional for this recipe to make it kid-friendly, too. For an enhanced flavor, I highly recommend using the Tazo® Passion® tea rather than water. Your taste buds will thank you!
- 6 c. seedless watermelon, cut into small chunks and frozen
- 2 c. chilled brewed Tazo® Passion® tea (or water)*
- ¼ c. fresh lime juice
- 2 T. honey, preferably local
- 2 T. fresh mint
- 6-8 large ice cubes (optional)
- 4-6 oz. premium vodka (optional)
- Sprigs of fresh mint
- Small watermelon wedges
1. Add frozen watermelon, chilled tea (or water), lime juice, honey, and fresh mint to a high-powered blender. Blend on high until thoroughly combined, approximately 2-3 minutes. Add ice cubes, if necessary, to achieve desired consistency.
2. Pour watermelon mixture into four chilled glasses and top each with a 1 to 1½ oz. floater of premium vodka, if desired. Garnish with sprigs of fresh mint and/or watermelon wedges, if using, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 344Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 1g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 5/12/2019