Rosemary Garlic Mashed Potatoes in the Instant Pot® are quick, easy, and full of amazing flavor!
Mashed potatoes are a tasty side dish for practically any meal. I love how you can change the flavor with an assortment of seasonings to accent the meat you’re serving. These happen to perfectly pair with my Instant Pot® Cocoa-Spiced Pork Roast!
The Instant Pot® has become one of my all-time favorite kitchen small appliances because of its versatility. With two teenagers, we have quite a few busy nights per week. Being able to prepare our food up to 70% faster means a lot to this mama. Time saved is a dollar earned in this house!
Tools You’ll Need to Make Instant Pot® Rosemary Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot® – Doesn’t matter which model but I’m using a DUO 80 7-in-1.
- Immersion Blender – If you love smooth and creamy mashed potatoes, this is the tool for the job!
- Serving Bowl – This is a super-cute bowl! They’ll be just as tasty in any other bowl.
If you prefer, you can leave the skin on the potatoes when cooking. If the skins are good and firm, we will often do this to add texture. When completely peeling, I dice the potatoes into ½ – 1″ chunks after removing any eyes or bad spots.
- 3 lbs. Russet potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 4-5 large garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1 T. fresh rosemary leaves, finely minced (or 1 t. dried)
- ½ c. chicken or vegetable broth, preferably organic
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- ¼ c. heavy cream
- 3 T. unsalted butter, cut into chunks
Combine potatoes, garlic, rosemary leaves, and broth in Instant Pot®. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Add lid and lock into place. Switch the vent to “Sealing” and set the “Manual” setting to 8 minutes.
When cook time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then manually release any remaining pressure.
remove lid and add heavy cream. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher or
immersion blender until almost smooth, but still slightly chunky. Taste and
season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired.
Transfer to a serving
bowl and top with butter and serve immediately. Enjoy!