Red Velvet Sandwich Cookies are easy to make — get the kids involved for a sweet treat!
Red Velvet cake is one of my favorite cakes – and it’s always perfect for Valentine’s Day! These sandwich cookies are going to give you another reason to fall in love this year. They are sweet and easy to whip up a batch for your sweetie or your kid’s class party. The combination of red velvet and cream cheese is absolutely divine!
Try these Red Velvet Sandwich Cookies and let me know what you think!
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 2 eggs
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Valentine's Day Sprinkles
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, 1/2 cup butter, and 2 eggs.
- Bake 10-11 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix 1/2 cup butter, cream cheese, and vanilla until fluffy.
- Mix in powdered sugar.
- Once cookies are cooked and cooled, pipe icing onto one cookie and top with another cookie.
- Be sure to flip the cookies over so you have a flat surface on both sides of the icing.
- Hold cookies sideways and rotate to sprinkle with fun Valentines Day sprinkles.
- Drop cookie dough by rounded spoonfuls onto the parchment paper.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 373Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 99mgSodium: 220mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 0gSugar: 34gProtein: 3g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 2/4/2020