Santa’s Reindeer Cheese Balls are a tasty and festive way to celebrate Christmas! They’ll easily be the most popular appetizer at any get-together!
A good cheese ball is the ultimate dish to carry to a finger food/potluck-style dinner during the holidays. This year, up the game with fun, individual cheese balls that look like Santa’s reindeer!
The base of any good cheese ball consists of cream cheese and shredded cheese. The variety and fun comes in when you add spices, veggies, meats, and nuts. Most of the time, you’ll find them made into one large ball; but I love the mini version because they’re easier for little ones to enjoy, too.
As a child, I always assumed that a cheese ball had to be full of onions, chives, and covered in crushed crackers or bread crumbs. Now that I have spent many years experimenting in the kitchen, the possibilities are endless!
Ingredients & Tools You’ll Need:
These mini reindeer cheese balls are cute to display and tasty for adults or children. I love that you can grab one and pop it in your mouth without spreading on a cracker. Serve with crackers, chips, veggies, or extra pretzels.
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 strips bacon, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, cut into small cubes
- 40 pretzels
1. Combine cream cheese, ranch dressing mix, and shredded cheddar cheese in a medium bowl. Mix until well combined.
2. Place cheese mixture in the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes.
3. Using a tablespoon, scoop cheese mixture and form into a ball. Roll each ball in chopped bacon. Place cheese balls back in the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes.
4. Place a piece of cubed tomato in the center of the ball as a nose.
5. Cut each pretzel in half, the cut the loop off the top of each pretzel half. Place one half on each side of the ball as antlers.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 364Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 1018mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 11g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 12/14/2019